Cornerstone runs at The Corner House in Market Street, at the centre of Charlbury and we are open Monday – Saturday 10am -1pm, and you can come and help yourself to local and surplus fruit and vegetables, and often other surplus foods. Our community food shelf is always stocked for people to help themselves from when they need to. Second hand books, games and jigsaws are available for a small donation and we often run a school uniform exchange for Charlbury Primary School uniform.
The Cornerstone project started at the Corner House in August 2020.
Expanding the Give & Take with the help of Christine Elliott has allowed Charlbury residents to have a year round place to share excess local produce (look out for daily availability) and continue to support our community larder. The Cornerstone supports a number of local vulnerable families with food boxes each week.
The Learning Café runs twice a week, supporting pupils from the Primary school in topic areas where they could benefit from one to one or one to two support. Most volunteers are retired teachers or come with expertise in a topic area that they can support the young people with.
Through A Place to Talk we support individuals and households in Charlbury to access support and advisory services. The Cornerstone is working with Citizens Advice and other service groups to give them a place to connect with Charlbury residents. We are able to refer families on to a number of support services.
We are grateful to the Corner House for housing Cornerstone.
We believe the Cornerstone can provide a base for all of Charlbury which would enable us to build a stronger community, both for those who give and those who receive.
If you would like more information on the Cornerstone, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07510 772764 during opening hours. .
Cornerstone, Corner House, Market Street, Charlbury, OX7 3QW.
If you are able we would be very grateful to receive a one off or regular donation to the work of the Cornerstone. You can do this in a number of ways:
- Pop into the Cornerstone and donate in to the donation box as often as you want to – do take and enjoy some fresh produce
- Give us a cheque – made out to Charlbury PCC with a note attached saying for the Cornerstone
- Donate online – details are: Payee: Charlbury PCC Sort Code: 40-52-40 Account No: 00032374 Reference: Cornerstone
- Give via the St Marys Church donate button – if you use this option please email email@example.com to confirm that your donation is for the Cornerstone
- Set up a regular payment using the bank details above. If you would like to gift aid – please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the gift aid form.
Do come in and see us at Cornerstone and help yourself to free produce.
If you would like to be updated
Jo Paton, Cornerstone Manager